Topic: YOU KNOW YOU’RE LIVING IN THE YEAR 2002 WHEN:
posted 09-22-2002 03:23 AM PT (US)
1. Your reason for not staying in touch with family is because they do not have e-mail addresses.
2. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
3. You call your son! ‘s beeper to let him know it’s time to eat. He e-mails you back from his bedroom, “What’s for dinner?”
4. Your daughter sells Girl Scout Cookies via her web site.
5. You chat several times a day with a stranger from South Africa, but you haven’t spoken with your next door neighbor yet this year.
6. You check the ingredients on a can of chicken noodle soup to see if it contains Echinacea.
7. Your grandmother asks you to send her a JPEG file of your newborn so she can create a screen saver.
8. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home.
9. Every commercial on television has a web site address at the bottom of the screen.
10. You buy a computer and 6 months later it is out of date and now sells for half the price you paid.
11. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn’t have the first 20 or 30 years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go get it.
12. Using real money, instead of credit or debit, to make a purchase would be a hassle and takes planning.
13. Cleaning up the dining room means getting the fast food bags out of the back seat of your car.
14. You just tried to enter your password on the microwave.
15. You consider second day air delivery painfully slow.
16. Your dining room table is now your flat filing cabinet.
17. Your idea of being organized is multiple colored Post-it notes.
18. You hear most of your jokes via e-mail instead of in person.
19. You get an extra phone line so you can get phone calls.
20. You disconnect from the Internet and get this awful feeling, as if you just pulled the plug on a loved one.
21. You get up in morning and go on-line before getting your coffee.
22. You wake up at 2 AM to go to the bathroom and check your E-mail on your way back to bed.
23. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. :)
24. You’re reading this.
25. Even worse; you’re going to forward it to someone else.
It scares me that this resembles my life!
posted 09-22-2002 07:47 AM PT (US)
That is so true. It scares me when I realise that the internet has become one of the important things of my life! I met a lot of real-life friends over the internet and I wouldn't know how to survive school without the enormous information I get from it. Wow.
posted 09-22-2002 09:18 AM PT (US)
Some of those are funny foibles, but many are just facts of the current day!
I like it.
posted 09-22-2002 06:32 PM PT (US)
Those are good, Kat. I know...I have only had a cell phone 9 months and I really don't know how I ever lived without it! And, it is true that spending cash does take planning! Whew! Trying to find an ATM can be a pain. I have actually, turned on the computer just because I was up cutting through, in the middle of the night. LOL I will just jump in say hello in the chat and then back to bed. Number 20 is right on the money, it is hard to leave you guys when it is time to click the "X."